Skip to content

Important News about the April Scottish Rite Foundation Cruise

March 10, 2020


I’m sending this email out at the request of Illustrious Deputy Rick Hoover.  The following reflects our collective thoughts and shares information we have gathered from Royal Caribbean.

Given the current situation with Covid-19 (the Corona Virus) many people are concerned about cruising at this time.  It seems to be prudent to postpone the April 19-26 cruise and Rick is suggesting re-scheduling for next year (date TBD).  

The good news is that Royal Caribbean just announced that they are temporarily changing their cancellation policy.   This will allow you to cancel your April booking without incurring their usual penalty this close to the cruise.

Their policy is as follows:

If you confirm that you want to cancel by March 15, you will be able to get 25% of your base cruise fare back as a refund (to your credit card) and 75% as future cruise credit to be used by December 31, 2021.  If you cancel between March 15 and April 15 all of your base fare would be issued as a future cruise credit to be used by December 31, 2021.

If you cancel, you will receive a refund (to your credit card) of any taxes, fees, prepaid gratuities, excursions, spa treatments, etc. that you paid for this cruise (and 25% of the actual cruise fare if you decide by 3/15).

Refunds will be issued to the credit card that you used to make your final payment with (if you have had a change to that card, i.e. expired, lost/replaced, etc., please let us know so we can let Royal Caribbean credit a different card.)  Refunds may show up as several different transactions and should appear within 7-10 days of cancellation.

You will receive a future cruise credit letter approximately 14 days after cancellation for the appropriate portion of your base cruise fare. 

If you purchased trip protection insurance, you will not, unfortunately, be eligible for refund of that premium.  Cancelling due to concerns about the Corona Virus is not a covered reason for cancelling, thus your trip protection would not apply to this cancellation.

Of course, you have the option to take the April cruise as planned.  It will just not be the “group cruise”.  Hopefully you will be able to join Rick and Bobby next year when the official cruise is rescheduled.

IMPORTANT:  If you decide you want to cancel, you must notify me via email  by 5:00 PM on March 15. I will be working on processing the cancellations over the next couple of weeks and will send confirmation of cancellation to everyone after March 15.  I will also send documentation of your future cruise credit when I receive it (it will come directly to you from Royal Caribbean if you have added your email address to your cruise profile).

Let me know if you have any questions.

We hope everyone stays safe and healthy and that you will all be together next year on the group cruise with Rick and Bobby.


Jen JacksonAll Vista Travel
(408) 250-5826 – mobile

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: